A large number of jobs don’t get advertised anywhere, however that doesn’t mean opportunities don’t exist.
Being proactive in your job search means getting out there and asking around for available work!
Below is a list of key guidelines for an effective job hunt:
- Develop a prospective employer list.
- Don't try to cover too much area in one day.
- Wear suitable clothing and shoes.
- Be tidy and carry everything in a suitable bag.
- Impress the first person you meet.
- Try and see the staff manager.
- Explain that you are really looking for a job.
- Look interested and ask questions.
- If someone is rude to you, don't be rude back.
Remember: anything of value does not come easy. If you put in the effort, you'll be amazed at the result.