The majority of hairdressers have this qualification - Certificate III/IV is needed to work in this job.
Training is most commonly through an apprenticeship which combines on-the-job training with the qualification.
Key tasks . . .
- Provide advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- Shampoo hair and conditioning scalps
- Colour, straighten and permanently wave hair with chemical solutions
- Cut hair with scissors, clippers and razors
- Style hair into dreadlocks and braids and add hair extensions
- Shave and trim beards and moustaches
- Clean work areas and sanitise instruments
- Arrange appointments and collect payments
- May clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces
*Source - http://joboutlook.gov.au