To be eligible for a wage subsidy, your business must:
• be a legal entity with an Australian Business Number
• have not previously received a wage subsidy of the same type for the same job seeker
• not be an Australian, State or Territory government agency.
The position you offer an eligible job seeker:
• is for a minimum of 15 hours per week
• is ongoing
• complies with minimum employment standards for the position.
Positions not eligible for a wage subsidy, include:
• commission-based, subcontracting or self-employment positions
• work for an immediate family member
• work that displaces an existing employee.
Apprenticeships and traineeships can also be eligible for a wage subsidy.