If you’re looking to hire new staff for your business, there’s a range of financial incentives that can help.
You can get help with the costs of hiring, with access to a wage subsidy of up to $10,000 if you hire an eligible Indigenous job seeker, a mature-age person (over the age of 50) or young person (15 to 24 years of age).
You could also receive a wage subsidy of up to $6,500 if you hire an eligible young person (25 to 29 years of age), a parent, or someone who has been out of work for a while. Or financial support for your business for hiring someone with disability.
There are several ways you can access this financial support, depending on your business needs and where you’re located:
- Get help with hiring and accessing a wage subsidy—jobactive
- Trial a young person through Youth Jobs PaTH
- Trial a job seeker through the National Work Experience Programme
- Get help finding and hiring a young person—Transition to Work
- Financial assistance when you hire someone with disability
- Financial incentives for Australian Apprenticeships
- Incentives for businesses hiring staff in remote areas