Adult Learners Week (ALW) is a UNESCO initiative that is celebrated during the first week of September. During this week, Australian adults are encouraged to take the next step in their learning journey and explore the great number of learning opportunities available to them.
It is never too late to pursue or further your education. James Cook University, Brisbane Campus Director Kevin Anderson says, “Learning is about creating new opportunities for yourself. The great thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you”.
To keep up with all the changes happening in the world, we should never stop learning. If you think of learning as a lifelong process, your goals will never be unachievable. This year the Sarina Russo Group would like to encourage everyone to investigate new learning opportunities to reach new milestones in their personal and professional lives.
Some ways the Sarina Russo Group supports its adult learners include:
- Students and job seekers receive free access to specialised Microsoft and LinkedIn learning resources.
- Our Brisbane campus is staffed by qualified and experienced Learning Advisors who work with students to give practical advice and strategies to improve their literacy and numeracy skills. Students can access this service both online and in person.
- Our lecturing and teaching staff offer students one-on-one consultations
- Students are given access to our Wellbeing Support team who offer individual counselling appointments, educational workshops (e.g. managing stress, bullying, homesickness) and support for academic issues. This service is free to all JCU Brisbane, Russo Business School and Sarina Russo Institute students and can be accessed both online and in person.
- Students studying face-to-face at our Brisbane campus are given access to plenty of computer rooms and study spaces.
If you’re interested in taking the next step in your learning journey and would like to talk to one of our friendly Career Counsellors, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org